Don’t have an endless amount of time to sit down and enjoy a lengthy episode? Well lucky for you, this post will list all the TV shows that I enjoy with episodes that are under 30 minutes.
1. Arrested Development – Michael Bluth takes over the family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his dysfunctional family make his job almost impossible.
2. Bojack Horseman – Back in the ’90s anthropomorphic Bojack was on a famous TV show and is now trying to find his way in Hollywood. He is trying to make a comeback in the business whilst also juggling failed relationships and a lot of self-loathing.
3. Broad City – Originally a web series, Broad City follows two young women throughout their daily adventures in New York City. The pair make even the most mundane tasks hysterical and disturbing at the same time.
4. Brooklyn Nine-Nine – A comedy surrounding the detectives of 99th precinct of the New York Police Department and the crazy situations they find themselves in. The series begins with a slacker detective who is forced shape up when he gets a new boss.
5. Fresh Off the Boat – Set in the ’90s, the series depicts a hip-hop-loving Asian boy and his family who move to Orlando, Florida. There is an immigrant father who is obsessed with all things American and an immigrant mother who is often bewildered by the culture.
6. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – Four friends who own an Irish pub in Philadelphia as they find their way through the adult world. They have warped views and precarious judgements that leads them to a lot of trouble and uncomfortable situations.
7. That ’70s Show – A gang of friends who spend a lot of time hanging out in Eric Foreman’s basement. They ponder their lives and futures while also getting into many funny mishaps and adventures. The series depicts what it is like to be an American teenager during the decade of counterculture.
8. The Inbetweeners – Follow the lives of four hopelessly awkward ignorant teenage boys growing up in South-West London during final years of school. Their main aim is to get laid, whilst also facing bullying, broken family life and a number of unfortunate incidents.
9. The Office (US) – A mockumentary depicting a glimpse into the daily lives and interactions of the eccentric workers at the Dunder Mifflin paper supply company. The workday consists of dull routines with a lot of inappropriate behaviour and ego clashes.
10. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – Kimmy Schmidt adjusts to life after being rescued from a doomsday cult where she and three other women were held captive for 15 years. She is determined to not be seen as a victim and is armed with a positive attitude whilst living in New York City.
Parks and Recreation and Bob’s Burgers get an honourable mention, they haven’t been listed as I have already raved about them in my first post Top 5 TV Shows.
What TV show have I missed? Do you enjoy TV shows that are 30 minutes or less?